Weld, grind, weld.....
This idea scored top points for creativity, but that's all. Hours of careful thinking removed with a grinder.......
A very late night last night has produced this so far.................
- Rock solid
- Rides like a dream
- Carries a load without a problem
- Would be lighter if made of carbon fibre
Handles very well with the 15kg load, even placed up that high.
Technical detail: Notice the second gorilla (that was acting as a chain tensioner) has gone, not needed.
Elegant solution, still a way to go.
- Fit plywood deck on rear rack
- Complete sides of rear rack
- Tidy up the metal-work
- Strip and paint (Afrika Korp Brown RAL 8020)
- Install both brakes
- Install rear gorilla with a friction clicker